Sunday 17 October 2010

Stuff what I used to do....

I used to do such exciting things. So interesting and tricky to make. I don't know why I don't do them anymore.
I rediscovered a lot of my foundation work, when I was sorting through some pictures to send to Proud (Camden), who wanted an artist to work with them for a cardboard sculpture to go with a Kandy Skull they already had- and I though BANG up my street!

Bottle cap Ball....
Some might think I worked in pubs for the idiots and free abuse, however no! I also worked in them for the plentiful and free materials!!!
Anyways, I really liked doing this work, I don't know why I stopped. I must make more of an effort to be interesting, plan to be more spontaneous.
Shan't be going back to working with molten glue and broken glass though, I was an A&E trip waiting to happen. Will never forget when Russell came into my studio and saw me cross legged in a pile of broken glass and a smoking glue gun in my hand. He always warned me when the health and safety inspection was gonna happen :)

No comments:

Post a Comment