Thursday 2 December 2010

I will miss your lips and everything attached to them.

17 3/4" x 23 3/4"
4mm Foam mount
Split mounted.
Purple acrylic spray
Crimson Metal high Gloss Varnish
Black and White Acrylic detailing.

Looks like Bacteria dunnit.
I like it, and I definatly like this whole split mount thing, the like perfectly flat surface hovering above the wall, casting a shadow. It gives some weight to the paintings, and is more effective on the smaller pieces.
So this ones a bit of a further variation- not confining the detailing to a specific area or colour- breaking the boundaries.
These ideas of spreading.
Theres something more bodily to this painting- I used thicker brush strokes. I like this white highlighting on the line detail too, but reckon it wouldnt work on the larger more intricate MDF pieces.

Bla
x

No comments:

Post a Comment